of an ICM Chaplain
Any interested clergy or lay
person must meet specific qualifications related to a genuine compassion for other people.
- completion of
the "Introductory Seminar in Industrial Mission"
- agree to serve within ICM guidelines
- commit to regular / weekly hours of service
- active membership in
a local church
Each person must submit an application and meet with a local ICM Chapter.
Placing an ICM Chaplain
an organization recognizes the potential advantages for their employees . . .
and supporting a positive work environment
- early intervention / proactive interaction with
staff and employees
- ensuring a safe and confidential resource
an employer should contact either the local ICM Chapter or the ICM National Office.
Discussions between an organization and ICM will include:
- establishing a regular
schedule for visits
- meeting key contacts (such as the human resource director and
- becoming oriented to the facility
- knowing the
routine of break times and meals
- reinforcing the confidentiality of conversations
- and sharing how to contact the Chaplain in cases of emergency.